Majors Welcome: Art Majors
Friday, August 18, 2017
1:00 – 1:40 p.m., University Art Gallery Ophelia Parrish 1114
New and transfer art student orientation
Welcome – Professor Aaron Fine – Chair, Art Department
Introduction of Faculty
- Assistant Professor Laura Bigger – Printmaking
- Dr. Heidi Cook – Gallery Director/Art History
- Associate Professor Matt Derezinski – Design
- Assistant Professor Lindsey Dunnagan – Painting
- Assistant Professor Francine Fox – Foundations
- Dr. Joshua Hainy – Art History
- Professor Priya Kambli – Photography
- Assistant Professor Aaron Neeley – Design
- Professor Rusty Nelson – Design
- Dr. Sara Orel – Art History
- Professor Wynne Wilbur – Ceramics
- Assistant Professor Danielle Yakle – Fibers/Sculpture/3D
Foundations and other first-year programming
- What are the Foundations classes?
- What else should I take during my first year?
- What should I be enrolled in this fall and next semester?
- When do I enroll in ART190 Foundations Proficiency?
Transfer/AP Credit Students
- Application for Substitution Forms
- Portfolio Review by faculty
Art Major frequently asked questions and tips
- Can I double major in art?
- Can I major and minor in art?
- I have AP Art Credit, how can I get substitution credit?
- I have Art Transfer credit – what does it count for?
- I have Art Transfer credit – am I done with Foundations?
- I am a transfer student – do I take ART190 Foundations Proficiency?
1:40 – 2:10 p.m.
Meet with Advisor(s)
- Studio and Art History: University Art Gallery
- Design: OP1224/1220
- Second Major/Undeclared Students: University Art Gallery – Department Chair
2:10 – 3:20 p.m.
Refreshments, University Art Gallery